No matter how positive you are, sometimes life will still overwhelm you. We can’t always live in a bubble of positivity, so I thought I would share one of the most important ways that I give myself a boost.
I consult my Inspirational First Aid Kit!! These are the people, pages and website that I turn to for inspiration when things start to overwhelm me or get difficult and mean that I always have something to remind me of the amazing world we live in.
My Top 8 Inspirational People
Why eight?? Why not?? Actually eight is my favourite number so it seemed appropriate, and although I have other authors, speakers and inspirational people that I follow, these eight are constantly popping up on my Facebook timeline with just the right thing at just the right time.
1. Danielle LaPorte – of course!! As a Desire Map devotee and Licensee, Danielle’s work is top of my list when it comes to a quick pick-me-up. You can access her amazing #Truthbombs both electronically and to purchase via her website, pop over to her Facebook page for more wisdom or sign up for your daily Danielle dose via email. Now that I have my own truthbomb deck, one of these cards always makes it onto my Desk Altar too. She has some great Pinterest boards too…
2. Bryant McGill/Jenni Young – I have paired these two as this real-life couple run Simple Reminders together, matching inspirational quotations with their own amazing photographs. Their Facebook page is one of my favourites or you can subscribe for a daily email and get a boost straight to your inbox. They use their own words but also those of so many other inspirational people that it is impossible not to smile when an image arrives. You can also pre-order the book before it is released in May 2015. You can never have too many books!!!
3. Dr Steve Maraboli – This bloke is like a breath of fresh air and a true champion of women, amazing relationships and not settling for second best – ever. His quotations are often used by Simple Reminders (above) and you can also find gorgeous images with his words on his Pinterest boards. He is a truly gifted motivational speaker, author and behavioural scientist and watching one of his clips is a sure-fire way of lifting me out of any lull I am having.
4. Marie Forleo – my B-School hostess, Marie just has to be on my list too. Her motto is “change your life, change the world” and she is living proof that you can do just that. Not only is Marie TV my must watch for Q&A Tuesday but her website is full of great free content too. She’s a little different than the creators of masses of image content, and focuses on videos, but I love that angle too.
5. Oriah Mountain Dreamer – the author of my favourite poem, The Invitation, Oriah often posts her thoughts on Facebook. I keep my copy of The Invitation book close at hand and find that reading it along with the words she shares about it can be a great release – and something not online for a change!
6. Sophie Bashford – is based here in the UK and I am so inspired by her work as an Intuitive Healer as it is similar to what I do. You can sign up for her Feminine on Fire newsletter at her website and follow Sophie on Facebook for amazing intuitive insights. I can’t wait to have a reading with her – it is definitely on my list!
7. John C. Parkin – best known along with his wife Gaia as the authors of F**k It and F**k It Therapy, their work has helped me so much in the past. You can find lots of F**k It goodies over on their website and regular ramblings on their Facebook page – including the image I used in my last Blog post (with credit given of course).
8. Leonie Dawson – She’s last but definitely not least! I love Leonie’s colourful website and Facebook page, especially the way she shares her behind-the-scenes shots and shows the rest of us that she is just as normal (or not) as we are (or not). I bought Leonie’s 2015 Workbook and loved the clarity it gave me for my life and business for the coming year. If you want to hear some non-sugarcoated truths, then this is the Aussie for you…
I also talk to friends and get myself out of my usual routine if things are spiraling downwards, but these online resources are available 24/7 and that makes them so useful.
Try creating your own Inspirational First Aid Kit and see if it can help lift your mood next time you are struggling…
Like this Post?
Subscribe to my mailing list for inspiration straight to your inbox and a monthly summary when there are new blog posts on the site.